There are a lot of types of piercings that you have to know. The division of them is usually based on what parts of your body are going to be pierced. From this post you will learn and see what parts of your body are appropriately pierced. So keep on reading.
Here are some list of types of piercings that may inspire you. I intentionally attached some pictures in order to make easy for you to choose what types of piercings are fittingly pierced for the parts of your body. Let’s check them out..!
List of Types Piercings with Pictures
One thing that you should note before having piercings is that you have to have deeper consideration and to make sure that they are safely done so that your body pierced does not have an infection and unsightly scars. And here are the lists of piercings.
- Eyebrow Piercing: This piercing is included as a type of surface piercing which is acquiring a lot of fame. Nevertheless it generally needs six to eight weeks recovery. The most common jewelries for this type of piercing are barbells, rings, and hoops.
- Nose Piercing: This type of piercing is one of the most popular facial piercings for piercing lovers. Even in some Asian and Middle-Eastern countries, it is considered as a part of culture tradition. However, one thing that you have to always note is that nose piercing takes three to six months to heal.
- Lip Piercing: As its name, this type of piercings is done in the area around the lips. However lip piercing has several names, they depend on the piercings’ position. Well, if you are planning to have this piercing, you have to provide your time between 2 to 4 months in order to fully heal.
- Chin Piercing: Chin piercing is included as a type of facial piercing because it pierces your skin especially the skin under the lip through to the lower chin. Nevertheless this type of piercing does not go inside your mouth, but it just appears below your chin. The chin piercing healing time is about three to six months. Meanwhile, the most favorite jewelries are studs.
- Cheek Piercing: This type of piercing is usually purposed to hide a dimple. It can be carried out on one or even both of your cheeks. Nevertheless, before you decide to get this cheek piercing, you have to know that it takes healing time average six to eight weeks, and you should know firstly the difference between cheek piercing and the dimple one.
- Ear Piercing: Ear piercing is one of the most popular types of piercing that is almost owned by young people. Even there are a few countries regard this piercing as the parts of their culture and tradition. To fully heal of this piercing takes six to eight weeks.
- Tongue Piercing: Like nose and ear piercing, tongue piercings seem to be the most common thing which most of young people get. This type of piercing is commonly placed on the tongue especially in the middle area. The most preferred jewelry used is barbells. Nevertheless, it has to be carried out by the expert to avoid the bad things happen like infection. Meanwhile, for the healing time takes for about four to six weeks.
- Nape Piercing: This type of piercing may not be as popular as other types of piercings because the average person whose nape piercing commonly do not have it for twice. It may be caused by its painful or it is possibly caused by the difficulties to treat it. The most important thing is that nape piercing is categorized as the surface piercing because it pierces the back part of the neck. The time for healing is around ten to twelve months. It depends on how they treat it.
- Nipple Piercing: Nipple piercing is commonly purposed for beauty enhancements or it is usually for decorative reason. This type of piercing is generally done by putting a ring or stud onto the nipple area. For those whose nipple piercings usually need nine months to a year for healing time. It depends on the treatments.
- Naval Piercing: A naval piercing is usually referred to as a belly button piercing. It is done by putting Barbells and ring or bar jewelry around the navel. Meanwhile navel piercing healing time takes for about 9 to12 months.
Piercing Tips and Advice
Having some piercings on the parts of our body seems to be both exciting and rewarding. Nevertheless we have to prepare deep consideration and know more about what kind of types of piercings that we will get in order that we will not regret our decision in getting piercings. Here are some tips for you who plan to have piercings.
- Every type of piercings must be done only by a professional and expert piercer.
- The common problems that are usually arise after getting piercing are dealing with migration especially for types of facial piercings. So before you go to migration office to manage some small affairs, it is better for you to take off all your facial piercings jewelries.
- All types of piercings jewelries must be cleaned regularly with some a mild anti-bacterial soaps that you have got from your piercings studios or shops. Avoid touching the pierced skin because it can lead to infections.
- If you have difficulties to take off your piercings jewelries, it is better for you to visit the professional piercer in order to avoid the worse things.
- Do not ever change the piercing jewelries before your piercings fully healed. However if you still insist to change them, it is best for you to wait for at least two weeks after having healing process.
Whatever types of piercings you have, the aftercare becomes the most important thing which you have to keep in your mind. It also has to be noted that do not often take off your piercings jewelries to avoid serious infections.